Sunday, 13 July 2014

First post, eek!


Hi guys!

So this is me playing my flute and looking dreamily into the distance...

I wasn't really sure what to write as my first blog post so I thought I may as well introduce something that is a massive part of my life. I guess by showing this now, at the beginning of my blog, it's almost showing an idea of who I am and what I like to spend my time doing! If you go onto my 'About Me' page, there's more about myself in general!

I also play the piano which is great fun and an extremely useful skill, but flute will always be my first instrument. For those of you who are interested, I am currently studying for a flute Diploma. Hopefully I'll take it in December 2014, as long as I get my big fat butt into gear! If not, Spring 2015 is my personal deadline. I am definitely dedicated to my flute playing. I am a member of lots of different ensembles within my county, I attend Saturday school in London (Junior Guildhall), I teach private music lessons and generally love what I do. Although, I do not work nearly half as much as I should! I am the biggest self critic and will never feel that anything I do is enough. I am definitely going to do a blog post on never feeling good enough or satisfied and the overwhelming sensation of stress. I get very stressed and have break downs a lot! Everybody has their good and bad days and I have to remind myself I am just like 'Everybody'.

I really don't want to bore anyone with this kind of stuff because I know it won't interest most people in the slightest! I have other interests as well though, I'm not a total music freak...promise! I don't want to explain/discuss everything about myself in one blog post!

After writing 208 words more words than I'd planned on typing here, I think my blog is definitely going to be more discussion based! However, it'll be about topics that I really do believe guys and gals (most probably for my fellow ladies though, sorry lads!) are struggling with or interested in.

Just to make it clear, the reason behind starting a blog is quite simple really. I love writing and talking about things I am interested in and worried/stressed about. Writing it here saves my loved ones listening to me natter on endlessly about every pointless detail of my day!

Who knows if anyone will read this or whether it'll stay as an unrevealed introduction to yours truly.

If anyone is to read it...'Um hi, thanks for getting to this point of my post! And sorry for the babbling.'

Anyways, I've been here a lot more than I thought I would be tonight!

Thanks for reading and take care of yourself!

Bethany x


No comments:

Post a Comment